14 Anhui-based companies were included in the annual list of top 500 enterprises on the Chinese mainland, with Tongling Nonferrous Metals Group Co., whose revenue hit 149.55 billion yuan (US$21.99 billion)in 2016, retaining the first place among local companies.
Compiled every year by China Enterprise Confederation (CEC) and the China Enterprise Directors Association, the list ranks Chinese companies in terms of their annual revenues.
State Grid, Sinopec and China National Petroleum Corp took the top three spots this year. State Grid was the only company in China whose revenue exceeded 2 trillion yuan and emerged as the world’s NO.2, following Walmart in the United States.
The minimum revenue on the 2017 list hit a record high of 28.31 billion yuan, about 4 billion yuan more than last year.
The 14 firms based in East China’s Anhui province are listed as follows:
1. Tongling Nonferrous Metals Group Co. (111th )
2. Anhui Conch Group Co. (158th )
3. Huainan Mining Industry Group Co. (253rd )
4. Ma'anshan Steel and Iron Co. (274th )
5. Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Group Co. (280th )
6. Huaibei Coal Mining Group Co. (288th )
7. Hefei Department Store Group Co. (343rd )
8. Anhui Construction Engineering Group Co. (369th )
9. Anhui Xinhua Distribution Group Holding Co. (422nd )
10. Chery Automobile Group Co. (429th )
11. Anhui International Trade Group (Holding) Co. (450th )
12. Zhongke Electric Power Equipment Group (475th )
13. Wanbei Coal-Electricity Group Co. (488th )
14. Anhui Transportation Holding Group Co. (497th )