1. To study and draw up the development strategy of the Provincial civil affairs undertaking, to work out the mid- and long-term planning and annual plan related to civil affairs, to direct the reform and development of the Provincial civil affairs according to the planning of national economy and social development; to study and draft the guidelines, policies and rules concerning the work of the Provincial civil affairs and supervise their implementation.
2. To be responsible for the registration and annual examination of provincial mass organizations, foreign-related mass organizations, and mass organizations of the compatriots of HongKong and Macao Special Administrative Regions and Taiwan district; to study and propose the membership dues standards of mass organizations and the administrative measures for financial affairs; to supervise the activities of mass organizations; to investigate and deal with the illegal acts of mass organizations and unlawful organizations which carry out activities in the name of mass organizations without being registered; to guide and supervise the registration and administration of mass organizations in every city of the province.
3. To be responsible for the registration and annual examination of the province-affiliated institutions and private non-enterprise institutions subordinate to or affiliated to Central Government-dispatched departments in Anhui; to study and propose administrative measures for financial affairs and fees-colleting; to investigate and deal with the illegal acts of private non-enterprise institutions in the province and the unregistered private non-enterprise institutions in the province; to direct and supervise the registration and administration of private non-enterprise institutions in every city of the province.
4. To organize and direct the activities of supporting the army and giving preferential treatment to families of servicemen and martyrs; to be responsible for the work of army support, giving preferential treatment to families of sevicemen and martyrs, the work of granting commendations to revolutionary martyrs, giving special care and preferential treatment to and compensating disabled servicemen and the family members of revolutionary martyrs and servicemen, comforting and compensating persons of state organs for dying or getting wounded while on duty; to examine, verify and report for approval the title of revolutionary martyrs and the grade of the wound and disability of persons of state organs; to direct the work of giving special care and preferential treatment to disabled servicemen and the family members of revolutionary martyrs and servicemen at the provincial level.
5. To be responsible for the work of accepting and arranging the placement of the demobilized compulsory servicemen of the army, volunteer army soldiers transferred to civilian work, the demobilized army officers, and the retired with merit or retired veteran army officers of the province; to direct the work of the development and employment of the personnel for both military and civilian services and direct the work of construction of the homes for the officers retired with merit or retired from the army at the city and county levels; to direct and coordinate the work of construction of the military supply stations all over the province.
6, To organize, coordinate and direct the work of disaster-relief and disaster-fighting in the province; to grasp the disaster information, allocate and distribute the disaster-relief cash and materials; to organize to accept and distribute disaster-relief donations of cash and materials from home and abroad, supervise and inspect the use of disaster-relief cash and materials; to direct the people in disaster-stricken areas to help themselves by engaging in production; to carry out activities of disaster-control.
7.To establish and conduct the system for the minimum subsistence security of both the urban and rural residents; to organize and direct the activities of social mutual help such as alleviating poverty, helping the distressed, and the like.
8. To study and put forward the suggestions and opinions on strengthening and improving the construction of primary political power; to study and draw up the development planning concerning urban community service industry; to establish and improve the management system of community service and facilities; to direct the urban and rural residential committees to implement democratic election, decision-making through a democratic process, democratic administration and supervision, to urge the rural government to keep the public informed of the rural administrative affairs and promote the construction of democracy at the local level within the province.
9. To be responsible for the work of registration of marriage; to conduct the administration of matrimonial registration according to law; to undertake the registration of marriage involving foreigners, compatriots from Hongkong and Macao Special Administrative Regions and Taiwan region and overseas Chinese; to study and draw up the administrative measures for agencies engaged in matrimonial service.
10. To study and revise the province ¡¯s planning for administrative division within the province; to be responsible for examining, verifying and reporting for approval the establishment, cancellation, changing of names, changing of demarcation lines of administrative divisions above the town/township level in the province, and the removal of the residence of government at the provincial level; to be responsible for the work of surveying and determining the demarcation line of the administrative areas at the provincial level and for the work of administrating and inspecting the demarcation lines; to be responsible for the investigation and handling of disputes over demarcation problems between cities and counties, and put forward suggestions for mediation/arbitration to the Provincial Government.
11. To be responsible for the administration of place names in the province; to organize and develop the activity of standardization of place names, to standardize the establishment and administration of marks of place names; to be responsible for the examination and approval of books and reference materials about standard place names in the province.
12. To study and formulate the development planning for the social welfare undertaking in the province; direct the administration work of the provincial social welfare undertaking; to be responsible for the urban and rural social relief work in the province; to promote the construction and development of socialized service system; to undertake the work of administrative management of protecting the rights and interests of such special needy groups as the elderly, orphans and households enjoying the five guarantees (childless and infirm old persons who are guaranteed food, clothing, medical care, housing and burial expenses); to be responsible for the work of accepting and repatriating the wandering begging persons; to direct the administrative work of the places for accepting and repatriating, and the places for settling the homeless.
13. To be in charge of the accreditation of various welfare enterprises and verification of newly-built welfare enterprises; to guide the protection for the rights and interests of handicapped persons in the province and the employment of handicapped persons with working ability; to study and propose the quotas of the issuance of social welfare lottery in the province and their administrative measures; to be responsible for the administration of the provincial welfare funds.
14. To study and draw up the policies and rules related to the reform of funeral and interment in the province, and to push forward the reform into funeral and interment; to direct the construction and administration of the units of the undertaking of funeral and interment in the province.
15. To study and draw up the policies and rules concerning the work of child-adopting in the province, to protect the legal rights and interests of children according to law; to be responsible for the work of adopting children in the province; to undertake the work of registration of foreigners¡¯ adoption of children in Anhui Province by compatriots from the Special Administrative Regions of Hongkong and Macao, and Taiwan district.
16. To be responsible for the financial work of the Provincial civil affairs; to direct the use and administration of civil affairs funds; to be responsible for the formulating, collection and statistics of annals and the final accounts of civil affairs funds; to supervise and administrate the state-owned assets of affiliated institutions.
17. To draw up the development plans for the education, science and technology and talent cultivation related to the system of civil affairs in the province, to guide the construction of a competent work force of the Provincial civil affairs system.
18. To undertake other matters and other tasks assigned by the Provincial Government.
Address: No. 87, Huoqiu Road, Hefei City
Tel: 0551-2651296 to 2204