1. To implement the guidelines and policies related to the judicial administration work; To study and draft the policies and rules related to the provincial judicial administration work, and to formulate the medium-term, long-term and annual development planning of provincial judicial administration and supervise its implementation.
2. To supervise and direct the work of criminal penalty and criminal-reforming. To direct and supervise the work of jail administration.
3. To supervise and direct the work of reform through labor.
4. To formulate the plans on the propagation of legal system and the popularization of legal knowledge, and organize the implementation, to direct all districts in the province to carry out the relevant work according to law and propagate legal knowledge.
5. To be responsible for the examination and verification of the qualifications of lawyers¡¯ offices and social legal service agencies all over the province and for the annual registration and cancellation of lawyers¡¯ offices all over the province. To be responsible for the examination and verification of qualifications of public notaries all over the province. To direct and supervise the work of lawyers, counselors, legal aid, and notary affairs. To be responsible for the examination and verification of relevant notarial affairs overseas and in the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong, Macao, and in Taiwan region.
6. To direct the judicial administrative agencies all over the province to supervise the work of primary judicial units, legal affairs assistants and people¡¯s mediation.
7. To direct and administrate the planned financial affairs of judicial administrative system and the material reserve of weapons, ammunition, vehicles, uniforms, and so on.
8. To be responsible for the administration of units directly affiliated to the Department. To direct the work of organization and ideology of the judicial administrative system all over the province, to direct and administrate the work of evaluating police affairs and titles in the provincial judicial administrative system, and assist municipal (district) governments in administrating cadres in judicial bureaus.
9. To be responsible for handling of administrative reconsideration cases and responding to administrative litigations, to direct and administrate the legal identification of law associations and social services.
10. To direct the work of law education and the research of law theories.
11. To undertake other matters and other tasks assigned by the provincial government.
Address: No. 335, Huaihe Road, Hefei City